Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dead in the water

So I read up on coupon strategy (as shared in my previous post), and despite my remaining skepticism, was committed and excited to clip the applicable deals from the Sunday paper. We visited my parents this weekend and, lo and behold, not only did they have the local paper (my views on which I will spare you right now) but the NY Times and the Boston Globe. I thought it was going to be veritable jackpot of money saving bliss. Instead, not only was it basically the same book of coupons in each paper, the only really good coupon I found was for Dunkin' Donuts. And there was only one copy of that one. My dad (also a big Dunkin' Donuts fan) started circling like a vulture when I pulled that one out. Since he is a pretty generous guy to begin with AND it was his paper after all, I felt guilted in to giving him that one. So then I was stuck with $1 off any three boxes of General Mills Cereal, some toothbrush deal that wasn't particularly exciting, and a hair color discount that may or may not be of use to me. Insult to injury, I then forgot those when we left for home. So, I have pretty much failed in my endeavor this week.

No comments: